Introduction When the Davis Store, located on Main Street, Bernhards Bay, was closed and went to auction, Cleveland Historical Society Vice-President Kathy Darrow purchased some handwritten notes that were left behind in the store.  They were written in the late 1930’s, probably by Edna Davis, the wife of George Davis.Continue Reading

Over the years, there have been many publications that feature stories about the north shore community.  Jack Henke’s From “The Beach” to Brewerton: Stories of Oneida Lake is a great example of one such book.  The entire text is filled with short stories, newspaper articles and insights into some ofContinue Reading

  History of the Stone Barn Cleveland Historical Society’s 2013 summer lecture series continues on August 8th with a presentation on the history of the Stone Barn.  Former Cleveland resident Gary Comins will discuss the local landmark’s history, covering his research on the property’s former owners and its usage.  PleaseContinue Reading

After a week long camp, the Children’s Glassworks Theater debuted Treasure Island! Young Pirates of the Caribbean last night.  The kids did a great job with the Marge Thomas Production, adapted for the stage by Kathryn Schultz Miller and directed by Sonya Domachowske and Victoria Biela. The Children’s Glassworks TheaterContinue Reading

Since 2004, Everett Rand’s elegant sign has stood in front of St. James Church, announcing it to be the home of the Cleveland Historical Society.  However, after years of Central New York weather, the sign had become in desperate need of repair. At closer inspection, it became apparent that theContinue Reading